Relationships are tricky business. Friends, family, partners -- I find that this past year each of these departments have thrown me curve balls. I can blame it on the insecurities of others or the fabricated perfection of social media but I just feel like i'm constantly getting told that people struggle with the way I am. The people pleaser in me thinks, "what's my deal?!"
I struggle just like all of you struggle. I see faults in others just as all of you see faults in others. I look out for my peeps just as you look out for your peeps. After being thrown into the stickiest situations this past year, I have decided to cling to some important lessons:
- Fake it till you make it - smile and show kindness until they become involuntary + real.
- Sometimes you just need to distance yourself for a second and prioritize your relationships.
- Everyone is fighting a hard battle so take it eeeeeasy.
- Sometimes you're the problem and sometimes you're not!
- People can accept you or reject you but you just need to BE YOU WITH YOUR CREW.
Here's to a little more positivity because ain't nobody got time for the other stuff! Life is too good. I'm really starting to crave genuine souls over here. They're my favorite. :)